Can I call court for continuance on court date? My car needs to be fixed. I am a student at MU & court is in Lexington MO.

call court for continuance

Can I call Lexington MO court for continuance the same day as a court for the expired tag? I just learned my car is making horrible noises — I was told by the master mechanic that driving my car is very dangerous too because of the brake system. I am a student at MU and my ticket is 100 miles away.

Traffic Lawyer Richard Simon’s Answer:
You can call, but they may not continue it. The expired tags case is a non-moving violation, you should pay it if it keeps the other case from going to warrant. If your Lexington case is a moving violation, it is best to get a lawyer to amend it off your record.

Be the first to write a comment.

Your feedback