Do you think I can get a continuance on same day as I’m supposed to appear for expired tag in Lexington, MO by calling?

I can get a continuance

My car is all of sudden (today) is running terrible. I got a ticket for an expired tag in Lexington, MO— over 100miles away from where I’m a student at MU. Tomorrow is my court date at 1:00! Can I call and ask for a continuance in the morning?

Traffic Lawyer Richard Simon’s Answer:
You can call, but they may not continue it. The expired tags case is a non-moving violation, you should pay it if it keeps the other case from going to warrant. If your Lexington case is a moving violation, it is best to get a lawyer to amend it off your record.

Be the first to write a comment.

Your feedback