Can judge refuse me to have a lawyer?

Right To A Lawyer

Can judge refuse me to have a lawyer?

I have a civil eviction case and I think there are possible discrepancies on how they went about the eviction. I have called legal aid and they said someone will review the case and they will let me know if they can help. Can the judge refuse my request to a continuance so I can get a lawyer or response from legal aid?

Traffic Lawyer Richard Simon’s Answer

It is within the judges discretion to move the case forward if the judge feels that you are just delaying the process and not actually seeking counsel. You need to prove you are seeking counsel and even then in eviction cases if they are on the fast track that might not be enough.

Be the first to write a comment.

Your feedback