What do I do?

What do I do

I just got a MIP for walking down a college sidewalk with a sip left in my bottle that they searched my book bag for without consent. They didnt read me any rights. They just gave me a ticket without breathalyzer and sent me on my way. That’s it. What do I do?

Traffic Lawyer Richard Simon’s Answer

You need to hire an attorney. The searching of the bag may be the important part. If the search was illegal than the evidence will be suppressed. As for reading you your rights, only applies to an arrest and the evidence taken after you were arrested or detained similar to an arrest. This is something that a good attorney can dispose of or obtain a good plea bargain.

Be the first to write a comment.

Your feedback