Can you pay double your fine in MO and get your ticket reduced to a non-moving violation, like KS allows?

non moving violation


I got a speeding ticket on the US 36 going 17 over the posted speed limit of 65 mph. The highway patrol was coming from the opposite direction and there was another car next to me when I’m assuming he radared me. He had to make a u-turn and sped up to pull me over.

Traffic Lawyer Richard Simon’s Answer

Missouri is not the same as Kansas. Missouri has decided to protect defendants from speaking to the prosecutor which can go against the defendants interest. That being said, the cost of amending your ticket and attorneys fees is similar or less than in Kansas and you probably will not have to appear in court.

Be the first to write a comment.

Your feedback